Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Christmas Tree Farm Pillow

I better hurry up if I'm going to post all of the twelve crafts of Christmas. 
It isn't crafting them that is the problem. 
My issue is getting the posts ready to go. 


Welcome to craft number 2. 
I wanted a Christmas pillow for our T.V room. 
I looked on line for some cute examples, dug in my craft closet for some stencils and paint and got crafting. 
I had a pine tree stencil from my classroom decor. It was perfect for this pillow. 

The letter stencils came from a set that I found at Walmart. 
The set was less than $5.00. Very worth it because I've used these stencils over and over. 




This cozy farmhouse feel was what I had in mind when I slipcovered these two chairs. 



I adore the Walmart flocked tree. 
It was so affordable at $68.00. 


The lights were a little yellow looking so I added a strand of LEDs. 
It gives it an old fashioned look. 


It is decorated with white, silver and green. 
The green plaid ribbon was on clearance at the Christmas store. 


I keep wondering why the garland on the bannister looks so good this year. 


It's not the garland that is so different. 
It is the painted bannister. 


I augmented a cheap garland with pine picks that I spray painted white to get a snowy effect. 


The snooty reindeer came from Hobby Lobby. 



Thanks so much for stopping by and looking at craft number 2 and our merry mancave. 
I'll be back with more crafting! 

Katie 



7 comments :

  1. Hi Katie, love the pillow!!! Your home looks so inviting and cozy. The slipcovered chairs are perfectly farmhouse. Love your gorgeous tree. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to our Cozy at Christmas tour. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the garland with the picks in it. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie,
    Cute, cute, cute... love Christmas trees in all shapes and sizes.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love your people. Your tree is beautiful. The Count down to Christmas party started today. I hope you'll come over and link.
    You can link all your Christmas posts!
    http://ourholidayjourney.blogspot.com/2016/12/count-down-to-christmas-link-party.html
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pillow. It is so charming and does add that farmhouse feel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Katie,
    Your pillow is super cute. Loving all your decor your tree is sooo pretty too.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pillow is perfect Katie! Made me laugh how you called your deer snooty. lol! I saw that tree at Wal-mart and thought it was great. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete