Monday, July 25, 2016

Trumpet Vine In Our Summer Garden

Are you ready for a walk through our summer garden?
The orange blossoms on our trumpet vines are a welcome sight each summer. 
 We brought little roots from our house in Lubbock and transplanted them here. 
It took about three years for them to become established. 


They remind me of my grandmother. 
She had them growing in her gorgeous yard. 
I just adore them. 
Their precious blossoms bring such character and joy to my yard. 


These blossoms are faithful to bloom even in the extreme heat. 
Their roots are a tad invasive but nothing too unmanageable. 
A quick trip with the weed eater takes care of them.  


The garden has been pretty lush looking because we had rain in June.  



The rain has since stopped and the concrete statues bring interest to the garden even when not many flowers are blooming as the temperature hovers around 100 degrees. 


I adore this sweet face.

This statue started life as part of a fountain. 
I "planted" it in the garden when it broke. 


I love this darling pair.



 A concrete planter came from Bill's mom. 
I love the texture it adds to anything that is planted within it. 



Jonnie gave me the coleus for Mother's Day and it is doing great in spite of the heat.





Bill's hosta thrives.
Which I don't understand because I've never had much luck with it.





If it gets too hot, I'm up for a quick dip in the pool. 




I hope you are staying cool where you are. 
Thanks for stopping in to see our summer garden. 
The junking expedition with my brother is off to a great start. 
I'll fill you in soon. 
Katie 

Linking with, 
Between Naps on the Porch
Peeking Through The Sunflowers

2 comments :

  1. Junking? Can't wait to see! Thanks for the lovely peek at your flowers. It perked up my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie your flowers look so pretty. Love all your cherubs in your garden too. Very sweet all of them. Can't wait to see what treasures you find with your junkin trip. Enjoy.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete