Thursday, December 31, 2015

Hot Onion Dip

It isn't too late to make this dip for your New Year's Day gathering.
 I've taken this dip to several events and it gets demolished.
I found a version of it last year while searching Pinterest for hot dip recipes.  


This is a hot onion dip made from caramelized onions. 
I love caramelized onions!
You will need:

3/4 of a large onion
3 Tablespoons butter
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 block of cream cheese
1 heaping cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup smokey cheese
Dash of Chipotle Pepper seasoning



Combine butter and chopped onion in a skillet. 
Caramelize over medium heat. 


Mix softened cream cheese, cheddar, mayonnaise and Chipotle pepper seasoning until blended. 


Add the onions and mix well. 


Spread into a serving dish.


Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until brown and bubbly. 


Serve with your favorite cracker. 
We like this with Wheat Thins and Baked Ritz but it's good with Lays Potato chips. 

I hope you will give this a try. 
I love it not only because it is delicious but because I almost always have all the ingredients on hand. 


Even non-onion lovers love this dip. 
"This is amazing!" said my foodie brother. 
That is high praise coming from him.

 
Happy New Year's Eve! 
Katie 



3 comments :

  1. We love that dip. I have made it several times an everyone loves it. Try it with sweet potato chips and topping for a burger. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum Katie. I will try this one. We are a family that loves unique dips and this one sounds pretty fabulous.
    Thanks for sharing. Happy New Year.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds delish! Great potluck dish!

    ReplyDelete