Friday, June 26, 2015

Patriotic Guest Rooms

I showed you my room last week. 
The other beds got a bit of tweaking. 


The quilt at the end of the bed is Tommy Hilfiger. 
It was on clearance at T.J. Maxx.


The reverse side is red and white but the blue looked better. 
 

The pillow is just a flag safety pinned to a ticking pillow.  


The red gingham pillows were outside for a while. 
I remade them by taking them apart, turning them inside out and restitching them. 
From now on they will be inside pillows.
 

The white pillow cases got seersucker covers to bring the blue to the head of the bed.

The old headboard was way too low on the wall so I used an angle bracket to raise it up and attach it to the sheetrock.


I wish I could figure out what to do about the foot board. 
It is sitting unused in a closet. 
I'm seriously considering painting this bed. I don't have any of this 40s cherry anymore and the finish on this is damaged.


The patriotic postcards came from my grandparents. 
 


The bed in the office got a few touches of blue. It already had a fair amount of red. 


The sham from the Tommy Hilfiger quilt looked better on this bed than it did upstairs. I made the red ticking pillow out of some nice, old ticking from the thrift store.


I added a denim pillow cover and the dutch girl and boy. 
I found the pair of needlepoint canvases years ago and made them into pillows.


The red trimmed pillow case is new but the trim is old. 
I removed it from a damaged case and added it to this one. 


That is about it for now.



Do you decorate for 4th of July?
I will have a few more patriotic posts for you.
Please come back!
Have a wonderful weekend. 
Katie  
Between Naps on the Porch  
A Stroll Thru Life   
Savvy Southern Style 
Common Ground Patriotic Party

1 comment :