Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Recent Finds

I showed you the door that we got in Arkansas on vacation.


I thought I had shown you the other stuff we bought on that trip but I neglected to do so.
Mena, Arkansas had a cute downtown district and a wonderful architectural salvage place as well.

We found this light fixture.

Bill has been looking for a vintage arts and crafts fixture for years. He's cleaning it up but he's not sure where he is going to put it.

I was drawn to these pieces of salvage.



Two pieces are hanging on the wall in the kitchen.


The little piece of grate is on the living room shelves as part of my efforts to had a little contrast to my white interiors. 



So cute.



I picked up these little fall items. I didn't use them this year because I went in a different direction but the squirrel was too cute not to put in my collection for the future.



My sister in law and I did some shopping out near the lake.
I picked up this adorable little lunch pail. 




One of my favorite finds was this funky wall sconce from the 70s. A little white paint updated it for my black and blue bathroom.




I was able to find a few more pieces of black transferware on eBay and around town. 
This is a hard to find collectable. 
Some of it looks deep purple rather than black or it can be washed out and look gray.  


The large size sugar bowl came from the thrift store.


I can't wait to show you the set of china that my husband got from his mom. 
I'll try to get some more photos of it this weekend. 
It was painted by his grandmother in 1923.
It's just so gorgeous. 
I hope you are enjoying your week.
Katie 





1 comment :

  1. Katie,
    Love all your sweet finds. That door is awesome!!!! You know how I love a great door and you scored a good one.
    Have a great rest of the week.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete