Thursday, September 11, 2014

Ordering Dried Flowers

How do you prepare for fall?


Two years ago I ordered some dried flowers on eBay. 
I might not be able to grow hydrangeas but that wouldn't stop me from decorating with some during the fall and winter.



I found a seller in Oregon that had a great deal on them.





Last fall I wanted Bittersweet.



I'd seen gorgeous images of orange and yellow Bittersweet in fall arrangements.



It doesn't grow in our area but I found a seller in Ohio. 
A box of fresh Bittersweet arrived about a week later.


When I opened the box, it just looked wrong. 


 The berries were yellow, not yellow and orange.



I closed up the box and decided to deal with it later.


Later arrived and the berries were open. 
They were the yellow and orange colors I'd expected but the vines had dried all curled up in the box. They were a little hard to manipulate into displays but I enjoyed the heck out of those cuttings.
 The yellow and orange is just so cute for fall.



 Supposedly Bittersweet can be used from year to year but to me the berries dried out too much.


The seller for this batch laid them flat for shipping. 
It will be a few more weeks before these will be used in some fall displays. 



In the meantime I've stocked up on Baby's breath in a variety of colors. I love it in vases at this time of year. 
Work has been pretty crazy lately. I'm glad the summer was so productive because projects around here are definitely on the back burner. 
I hope you had a great week. 
Katie 
Linking with,
Metamorphosis Monday 
A Stroll Thru Life 
Coastal Charm   
Cedar Hill Farmhouse 
Savvy Southern Style

4 comments :

  1. Love your fall finds. The wreath looks so cute on your door. Have a wonderful week end Katie.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to get inspired to get out my Fall decoration so seeing what you have done is inspiring. This rain and cooler weather is helping too. Love bittersweet.
    Thanks for stopping by Timeless Treasures with a nice comment.
    Hugs,
    Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tried growing bittersweet in my yard with no luck, although I know it grows here because our old piano teacher had a gorgeous old vine growing over her back door. I just bought a new dried flower wreath and the smell of it is overwhelming. I'm not sure what it is, but I hope the smell vanishes after a few days! I love the bittersweet wound around your bird cage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It never would have occurred to me to order dried flowers from Ebay. What a great thing! I'm glad you had success with the yellow and orange bittersweet. The blue hydrangea blooms are so soft looking and pretty. Thanks for sharing your great idea and beautiful Fall decor!
    Blessings!
    Kim @ Curtain Queen Creates

    ReplyDelete