Thursday, October 10, 2013

A Pumpkin and a Window

The gal at the resale shop wondered what in the world I do with the stuff I buy.
  

I was a little embarrassed to admit it but I told her that I write a blog. 
She asked for the name and said she would check it out.  
I don't know about other bloggers but I forget sometimes that "real" people read my blog as opposed to those out in cyberspace. 
I prefer to just hit publish and look toward the next post. 
 I want people to read "Let's Add Sprinkles" I just forget I might know them.
It tickles me when a friend mentions something I said on the blog but I know I didn't tell them. 
I've even thought, "How do they know that?"



 I was at there the other day pushing my little basket full of goodies when she said she couldn't wait to see what I was going to do with it all.
I found some white dishes. 
I scored a few Halloween things for Rebekah's apartment and I found a wooden cut out of a pumpkin.  


It was $2.00.
I set it out on my work table in the garage until I figured out what I wanted to do with it. 


I had an old window sitting out there too and I loved the contrast between it and the pumpkin. 
I decided to screw the pumpkin to the frame. 
My neighbor and I were making wreaths yesterday with grapevine she had pruned. 
(Sounds whimsical doesn't it? It was so much fun!)
I took some and wove it around the window frame. 
I love it. 
It looks cute near my front porch.


This whole thing cost three dollars! 


The rest of the porch is ready. 









Sometimes I don't know what I will do with the junk I find. Some of it works and some doesn't.
This one surprised even me! 
Katie   

Linking with,
French Country Cottage  
The Charm of Home  
Common Ground  
Funky Junk Interiors   
Between Naps on the Porch   
Coastal Charm   
Savvy Southern Style




3 comments :

  1. I agree, Katie! It feels so WEIRD sometimes when people I know talk to me about things I've blogged about. I always say it's easier to have strangers read it than friends. OK, your pumpkin frame? I think it is one of the best Fall DIY projects I've seen! It looks so perfect by your porch (which also looks great!). Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! It looks great on your house. Love the way you decorated your entry too! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great touch on that wall, love your front porch, too!!

    ReplyDelete