Friday, September 27, 2013

Two Halloween Mantels


I love the neutral backdrop of my new mantel art piece.
Read about it here.




I was inspired to create some Halloween mantel designs.
I used a cute raven figure that I found in Alaska on our trip.



The candelabra was a thrift store find a few years ago.  
I only use it for fall decorating. I love it with the orange tapers. It looks like a 60s piece.   


I pulled out a piece of my black transferware. It mimics the lacy quality of the new mantel art and the netting. 
I got the netting at Dollar Tree.  

This second mantel is inspired by owls.
I love owls! We have a pair of Great Horned Owls near our house and if we are lucky we spot them in the woods. The pair talks to each other. 



I found this darling vintage owl lantern at one of the thrift stores quite a few years ago. It was before owls were all the rage so it was only 99 cents.


I love this little thing so it usually gets a place of honor around here during October.
I added these little owl die cuts from Dollar Tree.


I just taped them onto my new mantel art. 



I made the owl banner out of a Robert Stanley craft kit from Hobby Lobby. 



The feather owl also came form Dollar tree.


I can't stand how cute this is.....



so now I have two to choose from.
I may keep one up for a week and then put the other one back up.



 I am having so much fun, I think I have another one in mind.
Black, white, vintage with a dash of orange.  

5 comments :

  1. I like them both, but if I HAD to choose, I'd choose # 2. Love those owls on your mantel art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't pick a favorite! love them both Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mantel is all beautiful with the simple backdrop but creepy with the dark owls and netting. Great halloween decor, there. Your brick color is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by to Thank you for sharing at One More Time Events and letting you know you have been featured this week http://www.onemoretimeevents.com/2013/10/one-more-time-share-it-one-more-time.html Xo Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tammy for the feature. I tried to leave a comment on your blog and for some reason I couldn't. I'll try again tomorrow.

      Delete