Monday, June 3, 2013

Bathroom Update Part IV

The bath crash is complete.
Bill did it in two parts so that we could have water for a little while longer at the sinks.
   
I was ecstatic to see the last of the cultured marble. 
Bill was ecstatic that taking up the tile was not as hard as he thought it would be. 
We dry fit the vanities.
Bill moved the old plug from the jetted tub up and over so he can have his own. He said it was the easiest electrical he has ever done. The wire was right there when he opened the wall.  
Please don't do your own electrical unless you know what you are doing. Bill has had years of experience. 
He still has to move the light fixture over a few inches to center it over the new sink.

Now on to tile.
I had no idea it would be this hard. 
I was going to go for the Rehab Addict classic look. 
White subway tile on the shower walls and some sort of hex tile on the floor. 
Via Pinterest 
For years when I thought about remodeling this bathroom I was sure it was what I would do. 
I grew up in a house with a bathroom with hex tile on the floor. 
But, when it got down to it, I couldn't spend $$$
on a tile that was a 3 x 5 white rectangle instead of a 
3 x 3 white square. 
Whenever I mentioned that I wanted subway tile, I got a less than enthusiastic response from people. Not to mention...
I have been in the subways of New York many times and it is not always a pretty place.

I am still going for a classic look but
 with a more modern feel. 
White carrera looking tile on the walls. 
Gray tile for the shower pan.
Cream 20x20 on the floor. 
I want the floor to just disappear and I don't want obvious grout lines. 
Our border for the shower wall will be this glass with metal accents tile.
 It will tie the vanities in with the scheme and will add a little bling. The border is much more gray and white than it looks here. 
The plumbers are here moving the drains and the shower supply lines. 
 I'm so glad we are not doing this ourselves. 
Here is a sneak peak at the tub.
Fabulous!
I can't wait. 
Katie

Linking with,
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia  
Savvy Southern Style  
French Country Cottage

3 comments :

  1. It's such an ordeal to live through a bathroom renovation, but, ah…when it's done! Looks like it is going to be beautiful. I especially love the tub in your bedroom ;) Can't wait to see the progress and the end result!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giving your bathroom a facelift is exciting! You get the chance to incorporate new stuff, which add comfort to your bathroom. Will Bill renovate the entire bathroom alone? It's going to take a lot of effort, but I'm sure it's all worth it in the end. Katie, keep that enthusiasm as you renovate around your house! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete