Friday, October 19, 2012

Fall Decorations on the Deck

We are finally are enjoying a little cooler weather here in Texas. 
We had a pretty mild July, but August was hot!!
Not as hot as last year but still uncomfortable.
We have hadn't been enjoying the deck since June.

I told you about my cushion update.
Here.
I made the cushions out of drop cloths.
We have a pretty dry climate, but even with that, my cushions  got some mildew. I wasn't too happy about it. I even put them up when rain was in the forecast.


I had to wash my cushions before I could do any decorating.
I took them apart and  washed them in hot water with bleach.
It didn't get all of the stains out but they looked good enough to last another season. 
I will recover them next summer with something else.
So...
Drop Cloth Fail!!


Despite the epic drop cloth fail, I had fun pulling stuff out for our autumn deck.



This used to be our step stool until I started calling it the "step stool of death." 
Suddenly, a new one appeared. 
:)
I'm not subtle at all!!



It came from a garage sale a million years ago (when we were newlyweds.)




  
I found this darling owl votive holder at a thrift store. It was a few years before owls became king of all decorating knick-knacks.





I made the throw for Mr. Bill. 
In that I mean, I brought it home from Joann's.








I went with rust instead of bright orange fabrics.
It tones the color scheme down a bit, but still feels like fall. 







 





 A hot cup of coffee and I am in heaven.











No comments :

Post a Comment