French looking chandelier in the kitchen.
I liked it but the scale was off.
I really needed a five arm
fixture instead of a 3 arm.
I wanted something I could transform with
spray paint and crystals.
You can read about my dining fixture here.
I went to one of my favorite junky chandelier stores.
They had about 5 blingy, brass, 90s fixtures to choose from at the Re-Store. They had some nine arm chandeliers but that would have been too big.
They had some 3 arm lanterns.
I sort of wanted a lantern but I went more traditional and classic.
I found one 90s fixture that was sturdy and it had 5 lights.
None of the arms were bent.
It had good bones and some detail that I thought would look cute ORB.
I stopped by Lowes on my way home and got a package of long crystals and new candle covers. I planned to recycle the crystals off of the old one. The whole thing only cost $35.00.
I hung it out in the yard.
I was able to put a new plate and finial in place of the ball.
The other two fixtures in the room were a little on the brown side of bronze.
They didn't match anymore.
I didn't want to take them down and possibly mark up my new ceiling,
so I sprayed the Rust-Oleum on to a piece of paper and dabbed it on the fixtures with a brush.
It took some time but now they are more black than brown.
The scale is correct.
|Brass Chandelier Makeover|
and adds some sparkle.
I love it with the newly painted cabinets.
Thanks for stopping by.