Thursday, February 23, 2017

Wholesale Browsing And Dreaming

I think I have a little shop keeper in me. 
The idea of a pop up shop has been ruminating around my brain the last few days. 
I'm not sure Bill would let me do it but it would be tons of fun. 

I'd like to offer unique, antique, architectural finds. 




I'd love to offer botanicals, flower pots, prints, and vessels of every kind.  




Repurposed junk and unique hand made items are a must have. 


Handmade wreaths would be offered. 


I'd love to have fun, vintage treasures. 


I tried this 20 years ago. 
It was a fail but that hasn't stopped me from perusing whole sale collections. 
There is some fun stuff out there.  

Some of the items I already own. 



Do not get me wrong, I'm not lamenting the fact that we paid retail. 



It's not that. 
It was surprising to discover how readily available these items are. 


Beautiful things help create a warm and inviting home. 
It would be lovely to curate a unique collection so that others can create warm and inviting spaces inside their homes.  
I'm not sure we broke even last time. Some of it sold. Some of it ended up with us but it was a learning experience.  


There will be life after I retire. 
It is fun to dream about what that life might look like. 
Thanks for letting me dream. 
Katie

Sharing at
Share Your Cup

6 comments :

  1. Sounds fun!! I think you could use your blog to get lots of people there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of a pop-up shop, and have been thinking of doing one myself. Our home is zoned commercial/residential and we're in a high visibility place, so it would be easy for me to do something in the front yard -- a pop-up tent sale would be fun. I think you would be great at this, Katie. You have awesome taste. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie,
    French Country Christmas was created because all of my favorite little shops closed their doors over the years. I say, "Go for it."

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about a booth in Canton or Round Top? Or, how about a consignment shop? I can understand your desire to hunt for, find, and stage interesting design and architectural elements. I also know that retail is a tough, tough game. Maybe you should test the waters with a pop up. Wish I lived closer. I would lend you a hand.

    Big Texas Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are passionate about it and I think a pop up would be a good way to indulge that! I think you should go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie, vintage is such in demand now days I think you would do great! Believe me, you could not even move in my basement this morning with all of the people that came to the estate sale I am hosting. It has been crazy! Pyrex ladies are coming out of the woodwork. lol! I just heard that three gals have started a pop up event in Salt Lake. They rent a large building and the first Thursday, Friday, and Saturday of every month they turn it into a fabulous flea market. One girl that came to my sale today said it was fabulous. She said that had darling vignettes set up all over the building and prices were reasonable. She also said that one guy in front of them spent $1200. They shop all month to keep their inventory full. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete