Tuesday, February 21, 2017

The Three Day Weekend

Good Morning, Friends.


It wouldn't be a holiday weekend if one of us didn't feel under the weather.
Last time it was Bill. This time I was feeling a little peckish.
Bill kicked out an amazing transformation on the side yard.
He made two trips to the stone yard and created this pathway.
It is beautiful.


Once he picks up a few more stones this will stretch around all the way to the back deck.





In between naps on the couch, I added touches of St. Patrick's Day to our space.
Easter is late this year so there is time to add a few wee sprigs O' the green.
You can check out my new board for St. Patrick's Day on Pinterest.


My grandparents sent this card to me when I was a baby.
How cute is this?

I did managed to get off of the couch long enough to rake out some of the flower beds and straighten up the green house.







In the end, I didn't come down with some sort of plague.
I think it is just allergies.

I'll share more pictures of our stone path once it is finished.
Have a wonderful day.
Katie

13 comments :

  1. Love your new path. It is the perfect touch for your lovely backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie, that path looks magical! I love rock walk ways!!! Super awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post. What a fella! I want a walkway! It sure made my 'heart warm.' I bet yours is! I hope you'll come over to the new Fabulous Party. This weeks theme is 'Warm Heart'. Your post is perfect to share! The party is over here:
    http://ourholidayjourney.blogspot.com/2017/02/fabulous-warm-heart-week.html
    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know stone paver creations can be back-breaking work sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stone path is looking great! That is a LOT of hard work involved.

    Glad you didn't get the flu or anything really bad.

    Have a wonderful week ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you love those three day weekend breaks!!! When I was a school RN I loved these long weekends too. So great. Glad you enjoyed. Happy New Week.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your stone pathway! I was just thinking about adding some stone to our backyard. I love this look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so pretty Katie and I love the natural stone. Hard work ... I have done a little of that. Your yard is so pretty and it is not even Spring. Our poor yard is so sad ... hope to get some new landscaping done this year. Like ... take out the old and add the new.
    Hugs,
    Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a labor of love! a beautiful rock path....
    Feel better...and enjoy the sun.
    Nancy
    wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Katie,
    Your new stone path is spectacular. Stones are my favorite landscaping material.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the new pathway! It was a good work out in the yard weekend. So sorry you were feeling yucky. The vintage postcard is adorable. Perfect little St. Patrick's Day touch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that stone path! I have an affinity for paths like that as opposed to cement. It makes me think of storybook cottages. So glad that you're not too sick. Allergies are affecting more people earlier this year (I heard).

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love your stone walkway. It brings to mind leisure strolls on a spring day. I just found many vintage cards in my mom's treasures. Love the St.Patrick's Day one. Hope you stay well.

    ReplyDelete