Monday, February 20, 2017

Farmhouse Light For The Bathroom



Bill and I picked up a new light fixture for the bathroom downstairs. 


It has a fun, farmhouse look. 




The old light fixture was Victorian in style.


I am blessed because Bill knows how to install light fixtures.
He follows all safety instructions. Turning off the breaker which supplies power to this room is the most important precaution.
You have got to love the process of finding the correct breaker.
Now?
No.
Now?
No
Now?
Yes.
What?
Yes!
This is especially fun the further you are from the breaker box.

When he popped off the old fixture, the wall behind it was a hot mess.



I touched up the wall with joint compound and paint once the fixture was hung. 






I added a few other farmhouse elements to the space.






You can read about how we completely changed the look of this bathroom with the Rust Oleum Tub and Tile Transformation Kit in this post.


I was thrilled to say "good bye" to the cornflower blue tile.



The new fixture is the Allen and Roth Hainsbrook 3 Light Cone Vanity Light.
We paid $79.97 for it.
It is on sale today.


Here's a quick tip.
Have an extra hand towel handy so that you can pull out a fresh one midway through a dinner party.


I'm thrilled with this change.


Thanks for stopping by and having a look at our new light fixture.
Katie  

13 comments :

  1. Very pretty, Katie...and it looks like it gives nice light, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, but I sure do wish I could buy the old fixture!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new light, Katie! Instant update, looks like a new room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new light Katie! It looks awesome with the gold mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks great! New light fixtures are so much fun. They really change the look of a room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie,
    Great new light fixture...

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow Katie, the bathroom looks gorgeous! I love the gold mirror with that paint color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the new light!! I think I have the same one in my kitchen over the sink!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've done a great job with the bathroom! Love how you painted the tile (it looked like lots and lots of work!)
    The light fixture is positively adorable!
    Great great great!
    Nancy
    wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your bathroom looks wonderful, love your new light, looks great!
    Missed seeing the tile part I guess......
    Enjoy that new light, very pretty and goes so well.
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a very pretty light. You've done a beautiful job on the bathroom. We are updating our 1920's bathroom (no charm, lots of inconvenience!) and the light would be perfect there. Can't wait to show my husband.

    ReplyDelete