Friday, July 29, 2016

What I Just Realized About Pinterest

I read a blurb the other day that Pinterest had changed its feed. 
I knew that I started getting more "picked for you" pins. 
What I thought was that my friends and those that I follow weren't on Pinterest much anymore. 
Wow. 
I was wrong. 
I went to my sister's page. Low and behold, there were tons of pins I hadn't even seen. 
Even though I had a board about clothes for travel, I wasn't seeing all her pins about packing and what to wear when traveling. 
I went to one of BFF's pages. There were tons of shoe pins even though I have a board call-Shoes.
Hmmm. 
I've gotten much less traffic to Let's Add Sprinkles from Pinterest. 
I used to get about 1/4 of my hits from the site. It is much lower than that now.
In fact, the stuff I'm pinning isn't really getting repinned unless it has to do with Joanna Gaines. 
So it makes me wonder. 
Are you seeing my pins? 
If not here is how to see what I am pinning?
I love sharing beautiful content with my readers and followers. 
I have 2700 followers on Pinterest. 
What is the point of trying to build followers if they aren't seeing what I pin?
Frustrating. 

I haven't found a way to fix this except to go the person I would like to catch up with and click where it says Pins. 
Maybe if that is done enough the algorithm will change. 
The other way is to check the comment box next to your picture and then click the news button. 
It shows what everyone is pinning. 
To see what I'm pinning, go to my Home Page. 
I'm pinning cute stuff, y'all. 



I'm hoping the algorithm will change if I do that as well. 
Pass this blog post along if your friends are having the same issue. 
Pinterest has now gone the way of Facebook and I'm afraid Instagram is going that way too. 
These problems are not the end of the world but I am dependent on social media...  
I also want to see what my friends are up to. 
Ei.yi.yi.
Thanks,



2 comments :

  1. I'm right there with you! I used to get tons of repins and tons of traffic from Pinterest. Now it's a complete zilch and I'm not sure it's worth my time. Like you, all I'm seeing Pinned are farmhouse and Fixer Upper pins. Lucky for those people who live for that. I like touches of it but that's not all for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dislike the new approach "picked for you" so I quit looking at that section. I find I don't like most of what they select.

    ReplyDelete