Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Junkpalooza Day One

Junkpalooza 2016 is off to a great start even if it is a little hot.
It was great having our own chauffeur!



We met Dave and his wife, Michele at the Sunrise Cafe in Cleburne, Tx. 
Two eggs over easy, bacon, hash browns and white toast. 
It is my go-to breakfast and it was delicious. 
On our way out of town, my heart did a little pitter patter over this home that is in the process of being moved.

It's being moved to Midlothian to be turned into offices. 
 It was purchased for just $100 but it will require at least a half of a million dollars to move and restore it.
Those windows-love!


I may have to go visit it in Midlothian. 
We headed back to Ft. Worth so we could get Bill's favorite decaf coffee beans at Avoca Co. but they were out. 

Old Home Supply was our first shopping stop.
It is a must see if you are ever in Ft. Worth. 
Ft. Worth, Texas,. Blogger Katie Mansfield

Do you need a giant flamingo? This is your place.
They have architectural salvage but they also have antiques. 
Ft. Worth, Texas, Old Home Supply, Chippy Cabinet

I almost got a marmalade pot. 
The brown transferware plate was only $9.00. 
I left those for someone else.  


Look at the size of this chandelier.

Chandelier at Old Home Supply Ft. Worth, Tx.


My favorite thing was this old iron spiral staircase. 


I'm surprised no one has snatched up this clock face.


Montgomery Street Antique Mall was next on the list. 


The camp sign was not for sale but would be darling in my classroom this fall. 


I found some delicious green.

Green, Picnic Basket, Plaid

This picnic basket was calling to me.



Bill was the winner of the day with his purchase.

 Melt Ice Creams was our next stop. 
We needed fortification!
We all had Cup of Texas which features the aforementioned Avoca Coffee.
It was the best coffee ice cream I have ever had. 
Do you think coffee ice cream has a kick of caffeine?
I needed it at this point. 
Dave had a salted caramel as his second scoop. He said it was delicious. 
 
Our final stop of the day was a Half Price Books off of Hulen Street. 


Dave has been trying to complete his collection of Hardy Boys Books and number 54 will top off his collection. 
We will search but do you think we can find it this year? 
I'll let you know.



Junkpalooza 2016 is well underway.
I didn't find anything but it was a great day shopping in Ft. Worth. 
I'll be hosting a Inlinkz linky party so that you can showcase some of your junky finds so come back by for more information. 
Have a wonderful day!  
The Link Party is up. 
Go and link up your thrifty treasures. 

12 comments :

  1. Hi Katie, looks like you all had a awesome day around Fort Worth. Great pics of some wonderful treasures. Sure love that clock face too.
    Have a great week. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had so much fun shopping around Fort Worth. I loved the marmalade pot, plate, and gorgeous clock. I live near the Oklahoma City area, but come to Texas quite often to shop. I will have to check out some of the stores you mentioned. Thanks for taking us along!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have Fun, Have Fun, Have Fun!!! Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that camp banner too. Pinned it to see if I might be able to make it somewhere down the road. You make Ft Worth sound like great shopping, but we don't like to venture down 35 around there due to the crazy traffic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie,
    what fun shopping places Fort Worth has! I would have been broke! Loved the white chippy cabinet, the clock face, and that little bear painting under the camp sign, heck really liked it all! That house was to die for, so glad it's being rescued!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Victorian house that was being moved is fantastic! We go to Waxahachie often (lots of Victorian homes + some antique stores there) and Midlothian is right down the road. So we'll have to check that house out when it gets there. Montgomery St. Antiques is one of my favorite antique stores--it's huge! And the Secret Garden Tearoom inside it is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a really fun day! We don't have shopping places near here, at least not that I know of. I love coffee ice cream - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You gave me a great reminder that the hubby and I need to do a junkpalooza tour soon! So many treasures out there to find, and you guys sure got some great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw quite a few things I would love to bring home with me.

    Thanks for sharing with SYC.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That house looks amazing. Moving houses like that is very unique to the USA, you would never seen that happening in the UK

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What really made me happy was that some one was saving that beautiful Victorian home and not just ripping it down like they would do here in my area.
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, some great treasures! I would have snatched up that clock face too!

    ReplyDelete