Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Ribbon In The Christmas Tree

In years past I've made the mistake of realizing that my tree needed some ribbon after I had finished decorating the tree. 


Believe me that is not an easy task. 
Last year I made the mistake of not buying enough ribbon.
Then I felt it needed the white so I added that. 
There was almost an ornament avalanche. 


This year I was going to do it right.
Hobby Lobby had this black and white checked ribbon. 
I bought it back around Halloween but realized that it would be perfect with my black and white Nordic inspired Christmas decor so I went back for more when it was on sale for 50% off. 



Twist and tuck the ribbon as you wind it around the tree. 



Our tree is a 7 ft. tree. It took 45 ft. of each kind of ribbon. 
I prefer to only drape it from right to left around the tree.  If you like it going both ways double the amount of ribbon. I held both types of ribbon together as I wound it around. 


Last year I found many picks on clearance at Hobby Lobby. 
I sprayed painted them with flat white spray paint and tucked them in the tree to get some flocking. 

Our collection of antique German glass ornaments finished it off.





The tree ended up being very nostalgic looking. 
It is filled with sentimental ornaments from when we were first married and with German glass ornaments from both sides of our families. 
Both sides of our family had old fashioned Santa Clauses.
Ours were brown and Bill's were red.
I love this! 






Bill's siblings all said they thought their German glass ornaments were creepy. 
The clown is a little creepy but I love him anyway.

Katie
Linking with,
Savvy Southern Style 

5 comments :

  1. where did you get you tree at and what is the name of it. i love full tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Decorator Warehouse. A big Christmas store here in town.

      Delete
  2. love the black and white check, Katie. Your tree is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Tree is lovely !!!

    I adore those vintage ornaments! i collect them myself!!

    Thanks so much for stopping by and for taking the time to leave such a nice comment!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete