Sunday, September 21, 2014

Thoughts For A Sunday

"Let the words of my mouth and the mediation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, 
Oh Lord, my rock and redeemer." Ps. 19:14


I very rarely regret what I didn't say but I very often regret what I did say.
I'll let words slip in anger or frustration only to wish I could take them back or I'll repeat gossip and then feel like a jerk.


"A gentle answer turns away wrath." Prov. 15:1
"Whoever keeps his mouth and his tongue, keeps himself out of trouble." Prov. 21:23


I hate the internal flagellation that comes when I wonder why in the world I couldn't keep my mouth shut.
   

"For the lack of wood the fire goes out, and where there is no whisperer the quarreling ceases." Prov. 26:20 

I've been told that sometimes I am bullied. 
I have been thinking about that and through some other things as well. 
I would rather be bullied and walk away than add fuel to a bonfire of vanity.


 I was taught to treat others the way I want to be treated.
It's a simple childhood moto but one that is sometimes hard for me to put into practice.


"Let your speech always be gracious." Col. 4:6 
                         Gracious: 
                         1. courteous, kind, pleasant 
                         2. showing divine grace
synonyms: courteous, polite, civil, chivalrous, well mannered, mannerly, decorous  
My speech is a long way from that.


"As thro life's span we fleeting go,
We should not this forget,
Tis always better not to do,
Things that we will regret."
Roses of Hope.
M.A. Donohue and Co. Chicago

Thoughtfully,
Katie 





3 comments :

  1. Katie, this is a great reminder for us all to be more careful (and uplifting) with our words!
    Wonderful scriptures :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I've felt the same way before. I find I have to be even more careful these days while approaching menopause! LOL! I tend to be more assertive these days. I often tell myself to bite my tongue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing and great advice...it is nice to be reminded. :)

    ReplyDelete