Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Chalkboard Gift Idea

Do you all love chalkboards or is it just me?
I've been putting chalkboards together out of all kinds of picture frames lately. 
I found some frames at Hobby Lobby that I thought had a perfect look and would make a great gift. 
They come in a variety of sizes. 
I like the 5 x 7 and the 8 x 10.




Take out the glass and simply paint the backer board with chalkboard paint.



I give a couple of pieces of chalk with the gift. 



I love the rusticity of these frames. 






I've given this twice and made one for myself. 
This last one was a little bit of a fail.



Happy Birthay!
I think I was worried about the message fitting in the frame. 
Haha.
Happy Gifting.
Katie 

5 comments :

  1. I've painted a few chalkboards as birthday gifts, and the recipients loved them! I especially like your chalkboard with the rustic frames. I'm going to have to check out frames the next time I visit Hobby Lobby. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made tons of chalkboards and never thought to give one as a birthday gift - what a great idea Katie !!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how cute! I love the frames you found for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea for a birthay! {giggle} These are so cute. I do love chalkboards, also. Great gift idea!

    ReplyDelete