Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Redecorating for Fall

So...
I had things pretty well decorated for fall. I was tweaking a few things and had already started taking some pictures.
Then we got the cabinets painted, but when I went to put things back in the kitchen like they were, I realized that they didn't look quite right.
Suddenly all my vintage treasures and pumpkins didn't look as good, so I am starting over. 
I used to need a stronger, bolder aesthetic because the oak overpowered the space.
I don't need that anymore.
This is what my fall decor looked like a week ago.



This little Halloween display will be better somewhere else.
I need to lighten up this corner.
The pumpkin pie display, has too much orange for the corner where I had it.

I was crazy about this planter before we painted. Now I don't know where I will put it. 
I can always use it outside for plants.  
This vignette on top of the fridge is gone.
The new fridge is counter depth and taller so I don't have that much room for stuff.


  I had a few pieces of rusty stuff.

I'm not sure all of this will come back in.
I don't think I need as much because I won't be trying to divert my attention away from the cabinets.
I picked up a few white pumpkins and some orange roses.
I also found some cute green leaves at Tom Thumb.
I will be back to show you the completed kitchen and the new fall decor.
Sprinkled with rust and pumpkins,
Katie 
Savvy Southern Style



4 comments :

  1. Katie: Isn't that the way it always goes!? I even look at someone else's blog and think, I should do something different. Oh well, that's the fun of it! Love the corner with the brown transferware..Happy Tuesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Judy. You are so sweet to always stop in and leave a comment.

      Delete
  2. Katie I have changed so much since I painted my house and cabinets white.I agree somethings do not look the same.But I love the direction I am going with my home.And you kitchen looks beautiful! Can't wait to see what you come up with!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne. I can't wait to see what it will look like at Christmas. :)

      Delete